Acupuncture and Moxibustion Unit
The Acupuncture and Moxibustion Unit division of conducts the following researches:
- The Effect of acupuncture therapy on hie-sho (poor circulation) in females using the randomized controlled trial
- Under the oriental medicine philosophy, we are doing a study on the questionnaire, which is the basic method of social medical research into health maintenance and disease prevention.
- The effect of electro-acupuncture with various frequencies and duration on the muscle oxygenation
- The effect of acupuncture on the muscle sympathetic nerve activity and the leg blood flow
- The spectral analysis of heart rate variability during the trigger-point acupuncture.
- The investigation on the risk management of acupuncture treatment
Sports Trainer Unit
The Sports Trainer Unit conducts the following researches:
- The effect of various sports taping
- The evaluation of various physical therapeutic equipment
- The effect of conditioning instructions on injury prevention
- The evaluation of static alignment leading to that of dynamic alignment
- The evaluation of physical function and the method of physical functional training to improve problematic dynamic alignment
- The types of lower trunk muscle contraction and the types of respiration
leading to injury prevention and the improvement of body movement performance
Health Promotion & Judo Therapy Unit
The Health Promotion & Judo Therapy Unit conducts the following researches:
- Physiological, Molecular Biological, Biomechanical (Static State and/or Kinetic State), and Physical Stimulative Effects on the Human Body.
- The Judo Therapeutic Treatment for Bone Fractures, Dislocations, Sprains, and Damages to Soft Tissues.
- The Study of Traditional Medical Treatment using Judo Therapeutic techniques in basic situations.
- The Clarification of the Mechanism of Physical Activities (Bones, Muscles, Joints, Nerves, etc) and Prevention Programs Based on biomechanics.
Physical Therapy Unit
The Physical Therapy Unit conducts the following researches:
- The effect of "Acupoint Stimulated Physical Therapy (ASPT)", which is our newly developed physical therapy technique combined with acupuncture medicine, using electromyography (EMG)
- The effective method of learning motor skills important in the field of physical therapy
- The effect of sports physical therapy from the perspective of kinesiology and muscle functions using the three-dimensional motion analysis system and electromyogram
- The effect of physical therapy on patients with psychological disorder
- The fundamental and clinical research concerning the effect of acupuncture on dystonia patients
- The development of new methods of acupuncture by applying the concept of physical therapy.
Fundamental Nursing Unit
The Fundamental Nursing Unit conducts the following researches:
- The Influence of " Foot Bath " on Patients.
- The Influence of the Detergents Used in Skin Washing on the Barrier Function of the Skin.
- The Influence of Hot Fomentation on Bodｙ when Applied to the Back of the Neck.
- The Creation of the New Educational System for Acquiring Nursing Techniques Using Simulation Exercise.
Clinical Nursing Unit
The Clinical Nursing Unit conducts the following researches.
- The Clinical Effect of "Expression" Nursing, by which the Nurse observes the Expressions of Patient using the Eye-Tracking System.
- The Positive Methods of Giving Support for "Self-Management" to Cancer Patients.
- The Clarification of the Factors that Influence the Neurocognitive Functions of Schizophrenia Patients from the Perspective of Their Social Rehabilitation.
Lifelong Development Nursing Unit
The Lifelong Development Nursing Unit conducts the following researches:
- How to Support the care of Physically and Mentally Disabled Infants and their Families
- Research into the Self-Expression of children
- Art and Personal Support
- Research into the Human Development
- The Maternal Psycholgy in the Lactation Period
- The Beginning and Continuation of Lactation and the Factors that Influence it
- The Support to the Pregnant Convicts in Wakayama Prison
- The Pubertal Education of Junior High school Students
- The Study of the Validity of Pregnant Women's Blood Pressure Measured at Home
- The Obstetrical Care of the Specified Pregnant Women
The Development of Mentoring Guidebooks Supporting the New Members of the Nursing Faculty
- How to Support the Child Care of the Community
Regional Gerontological Nursing Unit
The Regional Gerontological Nursing Unit Conducts the Following Research
- The Research into The Factors for Maintaining The Livelihoods in The Community at The Marginal Village Where They Have Lived So Long.
- The Research into The Nursing Support to The Residents of The Marginal Village.
- The Influence of The SP(Simulated Patient) Activity Which Has on Elderly People 's Definite Aim in Life.
- The Construction of The Educational System for The Nursing Department Students in Which SP Participates.
- The Construction of The Educational System for The Novice Nurses in Which SP Participates.
- Making up The Teaching Materials For Elementary School Children, Using The Tablet PC to Encourage Them in Supporting Demented Elderly People.
Humanities and Natural Science Unit
The Humanities and Natural Science Unit conducts the following researches:
- The Investigation into the Effects of Sound and Electromagnetic Waves on the Mind and Body.
- The Investigation into the Effects of Alternative and Traditional Medicine.
- The Effects of Ancient Chinese Philosophy on the Development of Acupuncture and Moxibustion.
- The Correlation between Traditional Chinese Medicine and "Beauty Acupuncture" Therapy.
- The Philological Study of Ancient Chinese Medical Texts on Acupuncture and Moxibustion.
- The Inquiry into the Generation of Heavy Ion Microbeams for Cell Irradiation.
- The Historical Study of ESP (English for Specific Purposes).
Fundamental Medical Sciences Unit
The Fundamental Medical Sciences Unit has conducted the following researches:
- The Exploration of the Thalamic-Cortical Circuit Morphologies and Functions.
- The Analysis of the Influence of Anti-Oxidative Substances on Urine Test Results.
- The Examination of the Morphological and Electrophysiological Characteristics of the Local Neurological Circuitry within the Dorsal Horn.
- The Investigation of the Functional and Morphological Properties of the Lymphatic System.
- The Study of Descriptions of the Oriental Medicine on Ancient Medical Literature.
- The Study of the Characteristics of the Mugwort (Artemisia Vulgaris or Artemisia Argyii) Utilized for the Moxibustion Treatment.
- The Investigation of the Mechanisms of Development of Neuropathic Pain.
Neurology and Psychosomatic Medicine Unit
The Neurology and Psychosomatic Medicine Unit conducts the following researches:
- The Psychosomatic Effect of Acupuncture on the Mind-Body Correlation and Alexisomia by performing Questionnaires and Complexity System Analyses of the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS).
- The Relaxant Effect of Auricular Acupuncture on the Stiffness of Cervical Muscles, the Autonomic Nervous System, and the Sleep.
Clinical Laboratory Science Unit
The Clinical Laboratory Science Unit conducts the following researches:
- The Standardization of Hematological Tests
- The Clarification of the Pathogenic Mechanism of Allergic Diseases
- The Establishment of Simplified Methods of Bacterial Identification Useful in Clinical Microbiology
- The Probe into the microRNA in the Serum and Urine Associated with the Pathogenesis of ALS